Pool Build on LI, NY

dmanb2b

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2009
NY
Given its a little slow around here...I figured I would post up a few pics from a buddy's build over the summer...not mine, but nice pool if I must say so...unfortunately I do not have many specs other than it cost him a few dimes :shock: ...enjoy

July2010006.jpg

July2010008.jpg

July2010003.jpg

July2010001.jpg

July2010017.jpg

Yes...that's his Tee box by the pool
July2010021.jpg

July2010018.jpg

July2010020.jpg

aj050110_a.jpg

aj050110_b.jpg

Builder is Jack Anthony (http://www.jackanthony.com/awards.asp)...for any interested folks in the Tri-State, NY, NJ, CT area

Almost forgot and the only reason I was able to get the finished two pics from him were his question to me about a robot for IG gunite pools. Unfortunately, I couldn't help, so I'll pose the question here...any opinions on the best available robot out there today? He was rocommended a Dolphin, but I had no opinion to offer vs. any other options out there. Wants it to climb/scrub the walls, etc. He has no interest in cleaning it or maintaining it. For water chemistry he has me, but he has no interest in me hanging around the house as the PB cleaning, etc while he's not around :oops: Thanks!

Well, no matter what kind of robot he gets, he will have to clean it on occasion. When I was researching what to buy, it seems like anything else. Good reviews and horrible reviews on the same equipment by different people; go figure. :mrgreen:

I bought an Aquabot T2 that works really well, so far. It climbs walls, although its a bit lacking when it comes to climbing steps. But when i did my research, that was the down fall of a lot of them.

Thanks BK...that's what I told him too. Although a robot can take care of alot, it will not take care of all the leaves after a t-storm, unless you are willing to watch get clogged quickly and repeat over and over. Although my bot does 90% of the the work in out AGP...the last 10% is me with a leaf rake. I find manual vacuming is at least now a 2-3x a season thing.

Beez...he already offered me the Job..unfortunately I'm about 1hr away :cry: Other side of the tracks if you know what I mean :lol:

He's done alright for himself... to put it lightly. He's driven to make money, but certainly enjoys it too. We were college buds and have remained good friends throughout the years :goodjob:

BK...yeah the little flags on the putting green are embroidered with the name of the pond next to the property...nice touch...it's definately a PW.

Check out the plumbing...I have to say just a tad overpowered :shock:

July2010013.jpg

July2010010.jpg

3x 2hp Jandy
1x 1hp Jandy
and a booster :scratch:

Can't wait to see this thing in action next summer...ahh summer....OK, I'll stop now, like BK, I need to get my snowblower gassed up.

That was funny Beez. But Scott, I do appreciate the input :goodjob:

I'm a poor dude (OK not technically, but relatively speaking) with an AGP...so again clueless when it comes to IG equipment. Would the 3900 outperform the robot for that set-up? If that's the case, I'll let him know...thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.