Multi or single color LED?

pool250

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2011
Australia
The difference in price between the single color and multi color led pool lights is just over $200 for the range I have chosen.
I probably would use only the blue anyway but some of the pictures I have seen of blue led lit pools are a bit too much for my taste, almost like blue ink.
I dont know how they look in real life as I have only seen led lit pools in pictures.
Has anyone had both multi and single color lights and if so, did they end up using mainly the blue on the multi for most of the time?
The pool itself will be a pale blue.

Thanks for that. That halogen must have driven you nuts!

I was wondering if a single color might be brighter, as its the colored led's (I think!) which provide the color.
If that is true then presumably a multicolored light must only use a proportion of the led's at any one time whereas a single color would use all of the leds all of the time?. Plus a white led is apparently 20% brighter than a colored one (I realize you had the opposite problem to deal with). I am only putting in one
so whilst its not a huge pool, I do need to make the most of that one light.

I have a multicolored pentair and use the light shows only when we have young kids as guests which is infrequent ... the rest of the time I use only the blue light which is by far the most pleasing color ... and best of all, it doesn't attract bugs ... it also gives good penetration all the way to the end of my 40' pool ... by comparison the red light only penetrates about 10' ... the blue is not inky at all, but then my pool is white plaster which I have never regreted ... pale blue should be fine ...

I have a multicolored pentair and use the light shows only when we have young kids as guests which is infrequent ... the rest of the time I use only the blue light which is by far the most pleasing color ... and best of all, it doesn't attract bugs ... it also gives good penetration all the way to the end of my 40' pool ... by comparison the red light only penetrates about 10' ... the blue is not inky at all, but then my pool is white plaster which I have never regreted ... pale blue should be fine ...

Thanks for your feedback everyone, that's very helpful.

Something I always wanted to know; does your white pool stay blue on cloudy/dull days (during the daytime)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.