Where to buy IntelliFlo vs 3050?

wbrady

May 15, 2007
Maryland
My whisperflow 1.0 hp died at the end of this past season. I have been looking at replacement pumps over the last couple of months. I have been reading about lots about pumps over the past couple months and have all but decided to buy a Pentair Intelliflo VS 3050 and have it installed in April when we open the pool.

My main reason for looking at this pump is to save on energy costs. It seems that most on this site have a favorable view of the intelliflo pump.

Does anyone have any recommendations of where to buy this pump? All of my local shops sell these pumps for retail. I have seen it on Amazon w/free shipping for $884. That appears to be a pretty good price.
I also found it on Reliable Pool Solutions for $875 but shipping is $102 for a total of $977. http://www.reliablepoolsolutions.com/home.aspx
Reliable offers some sort of 5 year extended warranty although I am not sure of its price. Has anyone used Reliable Pool Solutions?
Where would be the best place to purchase an IntelliFlo Pump and is the extended warranty worth the thought?

Thanks for any insight

That price from Amazon is very good. You won't find it for much less than that. Some places list lower prices, but then have inflated shipping rates, as you have seen.

If you are going to install it yourself, I would go with Amazon. If you are having someone else install it, there are some advantages to buying it through them. Though it is sure to be more money that way, buying through the installer gives you a single place to complain to if there are ever problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.