Techni-Clean Systems - in-floor pop-ups - simple, good?

RawhideKid

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 16, 2010
Went to a home and garden show today and went to the booth of a smaller company we are considering for our pool build. They had sample of some of their wares, including a bucket of various horrid pop-up's with springs and such. They pitch a kind of pop up I've never seen before. Very basic 3 piece thing. Got a basic one page brochure on them.

They are manufactured by Techni-clean (Commander) Systems out of Mesa, AZ. They note two US patents: 4,535,937 and 4,792.095.

I did my typical web search and found very little on this company or product. Company name came up and address in Mesa, but no company website. Very strange. Perhaps I'll take a photo of the brochure and post it here soon. Meanwhile, anyone hear of this kind of a popup? While at the booth, a gentleman came up and said he had the same pop-up and was quite happy with them. He didn't buy from this builder so other builders must be using these pop-up's - perhaps only in the phx area?

They are made of 3 basic pieces and two screws. They remind me of the Paramount pv3 but even simpler.

thx for any thoughts.

RK

RK,

I have the Techni-Clean System in my pool and love it. I have had my pool since 1991, built by Supreme Pools, with the gray heads and have not touched them once. The only thing I have had serviced is the gears in distributor valve doom. My dad has a different system, built by Shasta, and boy he really wishes he had mine.

kault

I used the Techni-Clean system when I built my pool around 15 years ago (I used Rondo as a pool builder). I haven't had any trouble with the system AT ALL. In fact, were it not for the bubbles that happen when the system first starts up, I would completely forget that it's there.

RawhideKid said:
Fantastic - but wow - both of you are first time posters?þ
Really? d.
Imagine that. Makes u go hhmmm?

Seriously, are you set on getting an infloor system? A lot of posts I read on TFP are about problems and issues. That being said I'm sure there are a lot out there with no problems. Ever consider keeping your money for it in your pocket and get a good robot?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.