Building My own pool

Jan 15, 2011
I am brand new to this site, so please have patience with me. I am am a licensed GC in Scottsdale AZ and I am undertaking building my own in ground pool. Can build a house, but pools are new to me. The pool will be small, 25' L X 8' W3.5' deep from steps, and 6' deep at other end, appprox 6000gals. Will have 3 scuppers for water feature. I am working on my budget and am starting wth the equiptment. One 1.5 HP Hayward Tristar 255, One One Hayward cartridge filter, One 120 volt 30ft run LED Light, One Navigator auto cleaner. Tell me what I am missing.

Thanks
Homeservicer

Welcome to TFP!

That is about the way the list will look if you had a builder bid on the pool. But if you are acting as your own general contractor you will need lots of other things that everyone just assumes will be present. Return fittings, skimmers, main drains, presumably a ladder for the deep end, and so on. Depending on who is doing the electrical and plumbing work you might also need lots of PVC pipe and fittings as well as a whole assortment of electrical supplies, or that might all be supplied by your sub-contractors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.