What size Aqua Rite Cell should I get?

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
Hi guys,

I have a 15,000 gallons pool and when it was built they put in a T-15 cell. Trying to match up a cell with my pool. Don't want to oversize or under size. would like to get more life out of the new cell.

would a T-3 work or T-9?

Thanks.

I am not an expert but I think that oversize is better. I have a t-15 and our pool is @6k gals. I set the cell at 10-20 percent most of the time. :cheers: :cheers:

How long did you have the T-15?
The cells are rated for a certain number of amp-hours, much like a light bulb has an expected life. I would get whichever cell gives you the lowest cost per amp-hour of life; however, I don't know how easily available that information is. I have a T-15 on my 11,500 gallon pool, and it's set at around 30% during summer. It is now going on six years old and I haven't had any indications of problems; I'm hoping to get at least a couple more years out of it.

Aquatica said:
Hi guys,

I have a 15,000 gallons pool and when it was built they put in a T-15 cell. Trying to match up a cell with my pool. Don't want to oversize or under size. would like to get more life out of the new cell.would a T-3 work or T-9?

Thanks.
I understand that if you want to get the most life out of a cell you would have to get the biggest one. I suggest going back with a T-15. You will get less life with a T-3 or T-9. If you go with a smaller one you would have to use it at a higher setting thus decreasing the life of the cell. I hope other experts will attest to this :cheers: :cheers:

Melt In The Sun said:
How long did you have the T-15?
The cells are rated for a certain number of amp-hours, much like a light bulb has an expected life. I would get whichever cell gives you the lowest cost per amp-hour of life; however, I don't know how easily available that information is. I have a T-15 on my 11,500 gallon pool, and it's set at around 30% during summer. It is now going on six years old and I haven't had any indications of problems; I'm hoping to get at least a couple more years out of it.

actually thought it was 3 yrs but actually 1 1/2. I had a pool guy for like 2-3 months but he kept dumping a gallon of acid in the pool every time he came and that was twice a week. no wonder our eyes burnt.

Also, before you get a new cell OTHER THAN a T-CELL-15... Take a look at the "Firmware" version on the control unit. I don't remember the exact date, but older version control units will NOT operate with anything other than a T-CELL-15 (Won't work with a T-CELL-9 or a T-CELL-3).

The T-Cell datasheet should highlight which cell versions work with which level of FW the controller has.

- Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
taekwondodo said:
Also, before you get a new cell OTHER THAN a T-CELL-15... Take a look at the "Firmware" version on the control unit. I don't remember the exact date, but older version control units will NOT operate with anything other than a T-CELL-15 (Won't work with a T-CELL-9 or a T-CELL-3).

The T-Cell datasheet should highlight which cell versions work with which level of FW the controller has.

- Jeff

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I see that I can select between the different cells. I can select T-9.

Would that mean a T-9 cell is compatible with my system?

Aquatica said:
taekwondodo said:

- Jeff

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I see that I can select between the different cells. I can select T-9.

Without looking at your unit, I cannot say - but the guys at Goldline are very helpful and don't charge for the phone-service. Call them when you're able to stand in front of the unit: 888-921-POOL (7665).

taekwondodo said:
Aquatica said:
taekwondodo said:

- Jeff

Without looking at your unit, I cannot say - but the guys at Goldline are very helpful and don't charge for the phone-service. Call them when you're able to stand in front of the unit: 888-921-POOL (7665).

Thanks I see I have software revision level - r 1.55 ..is this something that needs to be upgraded regularly? downloaded to the system? I have a laptop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.