Inground swimming pool kit recommendation

Big L

Jan 11, 2011
New guy here and I am going to put in a pool this year.I am in Missouri and cant seem to find any reviews of these pools online.I had my mind made up to buy a Polar Pool and called to ask a few questions but they dont answer their phone so I am back to square one.Anyone have a vinyl inground or recommend a manufacturer that makes a quality product with good customer service?Thanks Larry

Hey Big Larry :wave: Welcome to TFP!!

For the past 10 years I've dealt with Fort Wayne pool kits and they are a reasonable company to work with. (Yeah, I've installed ~300 of their pools and there have been a few problems with bad panels :( but, for the most part, they are a quality pool :-D )

I'm sure others here will chime in on some of the other brands, but they are all ~ the same.

If you need any help with the install, please feel free to pick my brain - I've probably got a tip or 2 that can help you :cheers:

Thanks for throwin down the welcome mat.I just called one of our local pool companies and asked what type they carry and it is Ft Wayne.I contacted them to see if they sell direct and I am waiting for a reply

Hey again :wave:

I'm glad others are chiming in with other manufacturers :cool:

Weatherking and Imperial also have kits.

Speaking of kits; you can order 'a-la-carte' the panels you want. What you might want to do is come up with a plumbing plan (skimmer and return placement) - mas985 and JasonLion are 2 great folks to help you with that (and, of course, I'll throw in my $.02 :mrgreen: ) - then figure out which panels you want for your kit :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i am about to order a kit and will likely have to to it on line. are the steel kits from royal swimming pools good? i also am looking at inyo. if anyone has any pros/cons about these or other internet retailer I would appreciate it. I am looking for just the kit: walls, hardware, skimmers/maindrains/returns, quality liner.

for those that have installed many kits from different manufacturers: is there really a big difference in the quality of construction of the metal kits? do they all not use the same spec of galvanized 14 guage material and weld them the same way? are the braces not all very similar turnbuckle style?

thanks for your input!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.