New Build Frisco TX

partypond

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2008
Frisco, Texas
Permits are approved, trees cut down, shed moved, pavers cleared, grills relocated. Ok, all is done and they were starting the dig today until the snow/ice hit us this weekend!! BUMMER - the dig is cancelled and we are waiting to hear on the new date. We are set to go look at some more plaster colors on Tuesday. This is a hard choice!! Looking at QuartzScape SuperBlue, Tahoe Blue and French Gray. If you have pics of any of these please post.

Thanks for sharing this adventure with me.

Perimeter = 89
Area = 488
Depth = 3.5 - 6
Patio = 776
Jandy VS Epump
Jandy CL460 filter
Automatic chlorinator
Jandy Legacy 400K BTU Heater
Polaris 1.5HP spa blower
2 Colorlogic pools lights
1 Colorlogic spa light
Polaris 3/4HP booster pump
Polaris 280 cleaner
Jandy PS4 with PDA
Rope anchors for deep end
QuartzScape plaster � color TBA
#3 on 8" centers belly steel
OK flagstone coping
12" elevated 7ft spa
Flood light over equipment pad (3� x 9�)
Deck Sundek overlay with aggregate effects
Hose fill by water bib
2 zone sprinklers reroute
3 brass anchors (2 volleyball one umbrella)
Total $46,000

Attachments

• page 11.jpg
    page 11.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 945
257 - it is a Rainbow system. It was basically included in the price but I will be going BBB once I get the hang of all this. It will be nice to have it for vacations and when we are away but that is all. Reading pool school again (and again, and again) and will be ordering TF kit soon. I have been on this board for awhile so I have fallen prey to the wisdom of BBB. :) We are finally able to do the pool and so glad I can start out the right way instead of finding this site when I was desperate.

I would have them go ahead and keep the tablet feeder. The reason is that this is one more thing that can and probably will develop a leak over time and require deplumbing from the system. I know mine did. What I do for vacations is pitch a $6 floater in the pool with tablets in it. I take it out when I get home. Even better, have you considered getting a saltwater chlorine generator? Had I the chance to do it over, I would do that for sure.

Thanks for the input. I am comfortable with leaving it in and will hope for the best.

It looks like it will be Thursday before they dig. The road to the dump site is really bad when wet so they have to let that dry out a little.

Finally dug on Saturday...

Started at 8am and finished about 3pm. they had to bring out the hook to get the deep end done but all went well and we are happy. Steel, plumbing, and guinte next week.

Attachments

• 1600pm small.JPG
    1600pm small.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 850
  • 1400pm small.JPG
    1400pm small.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 849
  • 1000am small.JPG
    1000am small.JPG
    365.1 KB · Views: 849

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Steel and plumbing were done today and inspection is scheduled for tomorrow. I was not home during most of the plumbing so more pics of that tomorrow....

Attachments

• 079 small.JPG
    079 small.JPG
    289.8 KB · Views: 803
  • 078 small.JPG
    078 small.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 803
  • 076 small.JPG
    076 small.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 800
I think we have also picked out our tile and plaster. We will be using Noble Serengeti Manyara tile and Quartzscapes Montego bay plaster with oklahoma flagstone coping and sundek decking in an tan aggregate finish. I REALLY hope it all goes well together!!! :goodjob:

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 805
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 803
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 804
Only day 5 and the gunite is done! We are very happy with the way it all turned out and the crew was great. They had a 4 hours delay due to the sand truck not showing up and equipment problems but it all worked out in the end.

Attachments

• 032 small.JPG
    032 small.JPG
    243 KB · Views: 776
  • 021 small.JPG
    021 small.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 775
  • 018 small.JPG
    018 small.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 788
Our builder gave me a copy of this picture this morning. Apparently there was a rough spot this guy wanted to fix but did not want to walk on the freshly laid steps so here is how he fixed it... good team work!!

Attachments

• 035 small.JPG
    035 small.JPG
    419.5 KB · Views: 753
Monday we had some tile drama but all is good now. Our new choice is Noble Tile NSSE 610 Serengenti Olduvaj. We are really happy with it and can't wait to see it with the flagstone. Hopefully the spa tile and the stone will be installed tomorrow.

Attachments

• 007 small.JPG
    007 small.JPG
    362.1 KB · Views: 710
  • 004 small.JPG
    004 small.JPG
    361.5 KB · Views: 707
  • 003 small.JPG
    003 small.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 708
Today was getting stoned day!! They finished the boulders on the hot tub and raised beam and the flagstone on the pool but have more to do on the hot tub. On Monday they will start our retaining wall and fence! I am so excited for the fence to be done so we can not worry so much about the dogs getting out (about 1/3 of the fence is down due to tree removal and the pool build). Our little one has escaped several times. Here are some pics of the stone work...

Attachments

• 010 small.JPG
    010 small.JPG
    438.5 KB · Views: 669
  • 006 small.JPG
    006 small.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 666
  • 003 small.JPG
    003 small.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 667
Well, after a week of snow ice and just plain weather craziness. The work has begun again on our pool. They were able to take down and the old fence and set the posts on Monday but by Tuesday there was several inches of ice on the ground.

Attachments

• 006 small.JPG
    006 small.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 618
  • 007 small.JPG
    007 small.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 618

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.