Decontamination question

Jan 7, 2011
North Texas
Greetings!! i just recently found this site ( thanks Scott NJ from GW) and it has been so enlightening for a pool/spa newbie like me. I have started the decontamination process on my hot tub ( wish I had done it sooner) but may not be refilling the hot tub back right away. I did the spa purge last night and DOH, it looks like a bubble bath in there this morning. We had some leaks that had to be repaired so the chemistry got pretty whack trying to keep up with the leaks before they got fixed. We had also been using test strips which were ever so confusing. I just got my TFP100 kit yesterday so I should be good there when I refill. However, busy weekend is coming up and I definitely wanted to at least get the process started before the rain and major freeze blow through. So I am going to empty it today but will prob not refill again for about a week. Is there anything extra I should be doing when I fill back up that is not in the steps that hillbilly posted? Also, is it ok to put the cover back on with it empty? Of course I would while it's raining, but didn't know if it would be good or bad to "air it out " empty afterwards before I do the chlorine part of the process.
Thanks so much,
B

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.