Electrical Problem at Pool Equip pad

h2ctpdjl

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2008
Indiana
This past summer, I replaced the plug on my pool cover pump and it had been working just fine until recently. I noticed the GFI was tripped, but whenever I attempted to plug the pool cover pump back into the outlet, it would trip again. I opened the plug and everything inside was still attached, so don't know what my problem may be. I am NOT an electrician, just a retired Grammy living by herself and willing to take on most problems. Any suggestions?

Can you plug anything else into the GFI outlet to test it? You need to figure out if the plug on the pump is faulty, or if the outlet itself is bad. You should be able to plug something else into the GFI outlet. If it works, the issue is most likely with the pump plug.

EDIT: Bama types faster than me :mrgreen:

The warm-up we had last weekend followed by a cool-down caused quite a bit of condensation. If another device works in your outlet, try drying the plug with a hair dryer. It only takes a tiny bit of moisture inside the plug to cause the GFCI to trip.

The most likely scenario is because your pool cover pump is bad and needs to be replaced. The GFI is tripping for a reason. It could be that the cord attached to the pump is not sealing and allowing water to flood the electrical part of the pump, there by causing the GFI to trip.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.