Compu Pool CPSC Series - How to re-callibrate?

May 28, 2010
My Compu Pool CPSC unit (freshly installed) needs to be recalibrated as it's giving me an incorrect high reading for salt content. It reads 6600 when it's actually 4700 (I realize I need to bring that down but that's another issue in another post). Does anyone know how to recalibrate these units? The user owners manual does not provide those details and tech support for Compu Pool is not open at this time. I'm impatient :hammer:

Thanks in advance :cheers:

lborne said:
This thread talks about how to get into the technician's menu - not sure if that will help or not. Please post a solution if you find it as I have this SWG too.

compupool-cpsc24-salt-water-chlorine-generator-timer-quest-t8395.html

I tried this but I was unable to figure out how to calibrate it. Perhaps I did not explore the menus thoroughly enough but I was also afraid to 'mess' with any of the settings, so I left it alone.

I Re-Calibrated my unit yesterday based on the instructions and the unit is still reading 5700-5900 on the salt.
Tested the salt yesterday at the time with test strip and it was 3480ppm.

I contacted CompuPool, but have not heard anything back yet.

I guess I should've updated this post a while ago.

Don't hold your breath for their customer service. I had spoken them a couple of times trying to get my issue resolved and their response / turnaround time was horrible. The lady I had spoken to was very nice but not very helpful nor was she able to get answers quickly. First they sent me recalibration instructions which I thought seemed a little to involved for me to do on my own. When I told them I was not comfortable doing it, the went ahead and sent me a new display unit (which also technically challenging to install, but not nearly as complicated as the original recalibration instructions). After swapping out the displays, I didn't find that the problem was improved signifcantly. Based on my own independent testing (using strips as well as taking a sample to local store), I keep finding that the unit reads a little high. I've decided that as long as the unit does what it's supposed to do as far as chlorinating the water, I can deal with the inaccurate salt reading. I will just make sure to test it periodically and add salt whenever I deem it necessary based on my own testing.

tylersmith said:
I have the same problem with my new CompuPool unit. Salt readings are VERY high compared to test strips. This sounds to me
like a product fault. I'm going with the reading from the test strips.

That's what i've done. The unit seems to work fine, keeps my FC at 4-5ppm running at 30%.
I'm not receiving the "High Salt content" light.

I did email customer support, just waiting for a response to see what they tell me to do.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I think i've got it figured out.
I called CompuPool USA last week and talked to the receptionist? She left a message for the guy I emailed. He called me back within 10 minutes.
Anyway, he informed me I should adjust my settings to +33 - polarity 1 and +32 - polarity 2.

I let it run for a few days, and my reading dropped slightly then went back up.

A few days ago I decided I would try a higher number than 27 (which is what the manual says).
I set mine to +39 - polarity 1 and +38 polarity 2.
After about a day my reading on the unit was down to 4200. Instead of the 5900 reading I was originally getting.
My salt level was at about 3680, so I'm pretty close to that.

Might be worth a try since the manual posted did say if its reading high to increase the number. If it's reading low to decrease the number.

Again this was my own testing.

Update:
It's been holding steady for 2 days at 4200 for the salt reading.
I think if it holds to this weekend I might go tweak it one more notch to see if I can get it closer in range with the test strips.

Still not sure about the temp reading 69 all the time.

I installed a CompuPool CPSC 48 a few weeks ago. It is producing chlorine and keeping my pool at 5 ppm. My temperature reading started at 132 and now it won't return a reading. My salt reading is 4600 and my salt test says 3500. Keep meaning to call Compupool but forget when they are open and I'm not at work.

Should I worry?

I haven't recalibrate yet. My temp is about 10 degrees high and my PPM is about 1000 high from what I'm actually measuring. I take daily test of FC/CC/TC and PH and add TA and CH once a week and Borates/Salt every other week. I'm maintaining about 5.5 or so on my FC and PH rise is slowing down. My pump run time is about 7 hours, and I'm at 60%. When I'm out by the pool I look to see if the cell is producing. I'm going to go to every other day for testing unless things change. I'm getting to know my pool. Currently my pool temp is about 84 degrees. I have a thermometer in the pool for the temp, and I use strips for salt/borates. I haven't had to add too much fill water, but have had to drain due to rain.

bobodaclown said:
If its producing what's the issue?

Bobo...If someone buys a system (expensive or cheap), they should expect it to function with some degree of accuracy. Wouldn't you agree?

I believe that systems like these, takes a guestimate of what the salt level is, based on the cell condition. I don't think there is a specific salinity sensor, is there?

If so, what shape is your cell in? Check and clean for any visible scale formation.
Try increasing the flow through the cell so as to avoid any possibility of bubbles, or air gaps getting stuck on the blade surface.
Can you check the amps and volts on the unit? I'm sure there's an acceptable range for each measurement.

I'm more curious as to if there's a definate way to calibrate the salt and temp readings, or does one have to just settle with "close" and learn to live with it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.