AGP Cover is A Mess

About a month or so after i covered my pool this past fall I noticed the water level dropped. I was like oh well deal with the leak come spring. I live in New Jersey and after last weeks 2 plus feet snowfall the cover is ripping apart all over and starting to cave in. I can't reallly do anything because of the weather and all the snow. I should be okay though and deal with it come spring correct?

Thanks.

Maybe.

Two things to consider: If the cover is putting weight on the walls, it could damage the pool structure. Best to just let it loose all together if that's the case.

Second, your pool may be subject to wind damage if the water level gets too low. You need to maintain a reasonable water level.

I agree! Cut the cover loose and if you have to, fill the pool up some so it doesn't collapse! You can deal with everything else come spring. :goodjob:

Same problem, too much snow on cover. I keep a garden hose on the cover to siphon off rain water, I think it may of been taking the water out of the pool because the level looks lower. It started pulling in the sides and ripped the cover. I cut it loose before it did any damage. Slight bend in one of the legs. pool is frozen as well as the ice and snow on the cover. If it thaws I will try to pull it tight by hanging plastic bottle around the cover. I will have a little work to do in the spring. But should be ok. Neighbor also had to release his cover.

Same problem, too much snow on cover. I keep a garden hose on the cover to siphon off rain water, I think it may of been taking the water out of the pool because the level looks lower. It started pulling in the sides and ripped the cover. I cut it loose before it did any damage. Slight bend in one of the legs. pool is frozen as well as the ice and snow on the cover. If it thaws I will try to pull it tight by hanging plastic bottle around the cover. I will have a little work to do in the spring. But should be ok. Neighbor also had to release his cover.

What I find helps sometimes is to buy a cover that is the next size up, if possible. Gives some added insurance :goodjob: Certainly if your cover has a hole in it and you siphon water, you will be drawaing it out of the pool, putting more pressure on your sidewall. This season I just pluged my return and used a skimmer plate...so far so good :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.