Why are there worms in my pool?

Precisely correct Bama. My above ground intex will have worms on the bottom after rain. I have an elasticized cover. But it's not rocket science how they get there. They crawl up the side of the pool, under the band, and over the top. Then, glub glub glub glub all the way to the bottom!!

OK, so a worm can crawl up something that is shaped like the bottom of a hershey kiss because it's not exactly a vertical wall.

Anyone get worms in their metal frame pools with vertical walls then?

I'd love to see said worms doing a vertical climb. That would be a good photo. No worms yet for us, even when we had hershey kiss pools.

Hello frog!! The bottom of the "hershey kiss" pool is actually dished out a little on the bottom, so the worm starts his (or her to be politically correct - then again, they're hermaphrodites so either applies to both!!) journey in a wee bit of an upside down position. And when heshe reaches the top then heshe may have to lean back a little again to get over the rail. So the results of that scientific study :lol: prove that worms can and indeed WILL ascend a vertical side pool!!

I recently opened my 24' x 54" AGP. I had a ton of worms in my pool. Sucked them all up while cleaning the pool. Cleared them out of filter basket. It looked like some were alive and swimming? How the heck did they all get in there?

I read this thread the other day and at that time never had a worm in our pool. Got home last night and had a giant earth worm in the bottom. Then thought had a baby frog. Do y'all usually shock when stuff like this gets in there?

Nope, no need to shock just from a worm or frog being in there a day. Next time you test, check to be sure, but i'd keep fc normal or at most boost one or two fc if it makes you more comfortable. No need to shock just from this unless test results indicate it.

Richard beat me, but since i typed it, i'll post it anyway.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.