Leslie's Chlorine FAS-DPD Service Test Kit vs. DP Complete

Welcome to TFP :wave: Forgot to say that in my original post :hammer:

In plain english the FAS-DPD allows you to measure FC and CC up to 50ppm, accurately. As the gentlemen above me stated, there is no guessing what your chlorine level is with this test, you just count the number of drops it takes to turn the water from pink to clear, vs trying to match it up to a color chart.

Lastly, you'll think, why would I ever need to measure FC above 10ppm when the bottle on my tabs states to keep chlorine around 1-3ppm :scratch: To answer that, you'll need to read through pool school a few times (button on upper right of this webpage) but in a nutshell it is a necessity when having to shock or when trying to balance a pool with high CYA levels.

Most of us would recommend the TF100 or TF100XL as we feel it is a better value and the owner of tftestkits.net just happens to be the owner of TFP and why not support the folks that offer such a great pool resource, not to mention Dave's customer service is second to none (Dave, you are welcome for the commercial plug :goodjob:) . Otherwise the Leslie's FAS-DPD (usually only available online) or the Taylor K2006 will serve you just fine.

Being new to TFP, you might also find this thread interesting as it gives (will give) some background on the TFP team.

post230468.html#p230468

Take care!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.