Lunar Eclipse

I remember a partial lunar from many years ago but not total. It was still pretty cool.

Back around 1970 or so, I was stationed at Langley Air Force Base in tidewater Virginia and experienced a total solar eclipse that lasted, if I remember, about 1-2 minutes in mid-afternoon. It was stunning.

My most vivid recollection is the birds went to roost and started singing their roosting notes like you hear on a normal evening. Two minutes later, they had to get up for another day's work of hunting worms and pooping on cars. Talk about a short night!!

Just a cautionary note........If any of you admit to remembering this event, you will be revealing your approximate age. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Melt In The Sun said:
.....I'm much too young to have seen the solar eclipse in 1970 :p

Ha! I'm not too young to have seen it, but too young to know whether I did or didn't... :roll:

Last night's lunar eclipse was STUNNING in North Florida's crystal clear night. I wasn't planning getting up to see it, but I heard my kids going out the front door, so my honey and I decided to join them :goodjob:

It's the first time that a lunar eclipse has occurred on the Winter Solstice since something like 1638.
From Florida, it looked like this:
eclipse_7_ns%20-%20Copy.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.