in search of a pump

Go BIG. If it's just a one-time thing, rent one. Otherwise you'll be spending a couple hundred bucks.

I bought the smallest submersible pump they sell at Lowes, 1/3 HP I think it was.
Anyway, it really suffers when hooked to a long hose. Right now I can barely keep up with the rainfall. How's 400 gallons/hour sound? Not very good, huh?

If there's a way to shut off your skimmers and use your pool pump and the main drain, you're set. I was amazed at the flow when I backflushed my filter yesterday. My guesstimate is about 250GPM, out a 100' 1½" hose!

EDIT: Pump is 1/6 HP, and it died when I left it run overnight, sometime during the night. I stand by Go BIG.

I'm guessing since there is a cartridge filter that there is no waste line. Destn76, if you are handy or know someone who is, you can always install a "T" with a valve and threaded coupling for a waste line. That will allow you to vacuum to waste or drain your pool using your pool pump if desired.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.