Intermatic MultiWave Control & Pentair Pump -- New install.

kenandshari

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 1, 2010
Savannah, GA
I’m seeking advice here from anyone that has experience with or opinions on Pentair Intelliflow pumps and/or Intermatic MultiWave controllers. In a few weeks we will be installing a fiberglass pool (16 X 43 freeform diving) with roughly 23,000 gal water capacity. We are considering using an Intermatic MultiWave controller (rough price $330 includes remote) with the installer’s recommended Pentair single speed pump. We are also considering swapping the standard single speed pump for one of the Intelliflow models. (VS 3050 is currently in consideration for roughly $830) The reason we are considering an Intelliflow model is expected energy savings that will offset the added initial cost. We live in Southeastern Georgia and expect to keep our pool open all year. The information on the MultiWave controller states that it will control Pentair single speed and variable speed pumps. The reason we are not looking at Pentair controllers is that they appear to be overpriced in comparison. We will only be controlling the pool pump and underwater LED lights with this controller. We are also considering having 2 laminar fountains as a water feature. Any pros & cons, realized energy savings (already read the Amazon reviews on Intelliflows) are greatly appreciated. Of course I will also be discussing this with my installer this week as well, but I'm one that prefers to do some research and come in with at least enough knowledge to be dangerous. Thanks to all who post and support TFP. I've learned a lot by reading this board over the past year.

The use of a VS-SVRS eliminates the need for a timer. The light can be turned on with a light switch.

Are you looking at true laminars or simple, unlit deck jets? Flip a 3 way valve at the pad and boost the pump speed. A simple Sun Touch can do it without bringing in addition vendor products that can complicate finger pointing.

Scott

Scott, Thanks for the reply and info. Perhaps laminar is a misnomer, we'll be doing the Jandy deck jets and the 3 way valve is the plan. For lighting we're using Pentair Fiber Stars (We’re installing 3 on the house side of the pool. Those basically need a low voltage transformer and an on/off switch. We're also planning to use a Nitro Wall Climber robot cleaner. I understand that the nitro is entirely self contained and we already have GFCI outlets on the deck for powering the Nitro. I like the idea of single vendor to simplify things and prevent finger pointing. I want to be able to control the pump & lights from the box with relative ease, and we want an automatic freeze sensor so we don't have to think about it. I want to be able to automate the pool as much as possible while having a simple override for turning on the jets without upsetting the program. I’ll look into the Sun Touch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.