Water drains from in ground spa

Dec 17, 2010
Hi-
My spa kicked on for cleaning a while ago and began making an awful racket. The water had drained below the jets. I understand from some friends that I need to replace a seal on my pool pump. Is that correct? Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure where I would look. I have a North Star pool motor. Do I have to disassemble it to replace the seal? I talked with someone at the local pool supply store, and he suggested that it might be the check valve. I'm not sure where to start, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to TFP!!

I believe Sal is on the right track and that the water is equalizing with the pool.

If you want to tell if the seal on the pump is bad, look for a drip at the motor/ pump housing when the pump has been running for ~ 10 minutes. If the seal is bad, I can talk you through the replacement :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.