Using RO water to fill spa

Not really sure what you mean by "RO water". Typically, reverse osmosis removes dissolved substances that are in the water and then the water, now free of these materials, is returned to the pool that it came from. So the RO water virtually has far lower dissolved solids than before and this is a good thing.

Thanks for all the info. Just wanted to make sure that normal balancing of the water was all that I needed to do. The water I normally use is pretty hard (350 CH). I have a source of bulk RO water that I was going to have hauled in.

Can you get a read on what you are getting back with the R/O water? If your spa is fibreglas, then your CH levels would not need to be the same levels as needed for plaster, although you will obviously still need some.

Other than that, I can't see any reason why anyone would want anything other than R/O water in their pool/spa :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.