What product could I use to fix this?

Nov 21, 2010
Have some damage on plaster surface and am going to do the repair work myself. I mentioned before that I heard you can use plain tile grout to fill in areas that are damaged. Anyone tried this or know of a better product?

I think sanded grout will be too course to make a successful repair. Unsanded grout might work but I am not sure exactly how pool plaster differs so I am reluctant to suggest even unsanded grout. Can you not find pool plaster?

Reckoning said:
Thanks for the feedback. 200 bucks shipped for only 25 sq feet is pretty expensive. That's probably the size of a king sized bed roughly.

It's likely the shipping costs driving that price up. Any chance you can find similar products at local pool/masonry supply? King Size Bed...that's a pretty big patch :shock:

Well king sized bed is a pretty big patch but there are little patches here and there that go around the whole pool so I'd need quite a lot of that material. I'm thinking of going a less expensive route and seeing what happens. All else fails I'm back where I'm at now and the whole pool will need to be resurfaced.

Yeah that was my thought when I commented on the size of the patch. I'm sure once done it may hold you over, but if the repair areas are that prevalent, chance are a replaster is just around the corner :( Anyhow, good luck with the project :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.