What is the cost of concrete for patio extention

rogerbrks

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I know that there are some PBs on the board and I was hoping you could answer the question of what is the approximate cost of extending my patio. I measured 20ft by 17ft. My PB will be out on Monday mornig to start the form for the deck. :?:

Any one with any information please chime in. It is all appreciated.

rogerbrks said:
I know that there are some PBs on the board and I was hoping you could answer the question of what is the approximate cost of extending my patio. I measured 20ft by 17ft. My PB will be out on Monday mornig to start the form for the deck. :?:

Any one with any information please chime in. It is all appreciated.

They may give you a bit of a price break, but usually extensions will just be an additional $/sq ft of the same figure used in your contract.

For ours, Sundek, it was $9.50/ sq ft. Of course uncoated concrete should be a fair amount less. Sorry though, I don't know the going rate.

I do know that it will be cheaper to do it now rather than later.

How did he charge you? If by the yard, then 17 x 20 = 340 square feet. 340 / 3 = 113.333 is cubic feet at 4" thick. 113.333 / 27 = 4.19 yards. That is around 1/2 a truck or less, they usually only hold 9 to 11 yards. You could call the concrete company and get a price per yard. The first one usually costs the most, then it should be cheaper.

Hi, Roger,

Here in NC, somewhere around 2.75 - 3.50 per square foot is a fair price for finished concrete. Max's cost of 6.00 for stamped, colored concrete runs about the same here, too.....maybe closer to 7.00 if I remember right

I have poured a lot of concrete during my pool construction. I did the prep work, supplied the rock and wire, and did the form work ( mostly because I'm so anal about correct slope) and I averaged about 2.00/sq ft on several pours. Again, all they supplied was the concrete and the labor to pour and finish.

We poured about 1500 sq. ft. for $3.50 per square foot. I priced the pool through four builders and everyone was over $5 even the builder who eventually installed the pool. I subbed the pool deck myself after being referred to the concrete guy by a friend who has a pool.

Roger,

I have to pipe in with my 2 cents worth. Since the hurricanes, the demand for construction based materials, including concrete has more than doubled in our region. 3 years ago, you would have had no problem getting concrete at $3/ sq. ft. I have a suggestion for you. I negotitated with the concrete company during the pour for my deck (after asking permission from the PB). I already had a set contract for the square footage of decking. I added an additional 180 sq. feet during the pour and wrote a check to the driver of the concrete company. Everyone was happy and I got exactly what I wanted. Every situation is different but I thought I would share my experience. Good Luck and be sure to post some pics of the progress.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.