Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is the cost of concrete for patio extention

1. Back To Top    #1

What is the cost of concrete for patio extention

I know that there are some PBs on the board and I was hoping you could answer the question of what is the approximate cost of extending my patio. I measured 20ft by 17ft. My PB will be out on Monday mornig to start the form for the deck.

Any one with any information please chime in. It is all appreciated.
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is the cost of concrete for patio extention

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbrks
    I know that there are some PBs on the board and I was hoping you could answer the question of what is the approximate cost of extending my patio. I measured 20ft by 17ft. My PB will be out on Monday mornig to start the form for the deck.

Any one with any information please chime in. It is all appreciated.
    They may give you a bit of a price break, but usually extensions will just be an additional $/sq ft of the same figure used in your contract.

For ours, Sundek, it was $9.50/ sq ft. Of course uncoated concrete should be a fair amount less. Sorry though, I don't know the going rate.

I do know that it will be cheaper to do it now rather than later.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Thanks SeanB.
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

4. Back To Top    #4

How did he charge you? If by the yard, then 17 x 20 = 340 square feet. 340 / 3 = 113.333 is cubic feet at 4" thick. 113.333 / 27 = 4.19 yards. That is around 1/2 a truck or less, they usually only hold 9 to 11 yards. You could call the concrete company and get a price per yard. The first one usually costs the most, then it should be cheaper.
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

5. Back To Top    #5

Our patio was just poured yesterday, which came out to be around 2,000 sq ft. We chose colored concrete and our PB charged us $6 per sq. ft.
    Carolyn

22X44 freeform gunite with DE filter (44,500 gallons), 4 deck jets

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry
    Hi, Roger,

Here in NC, somewhere around 2.75 - 3.50 per square foot is a fair price for finished concrete. Max's cost of 6.00 for stamped, colored concrete runs about the same here, too.....maybe closer to 7.00 if I remember right

I have poured a lot of concrete during my pool construction. I did the prep work, supplied the rock and wire, and did the form work ( mostly because I'm so anal about correct slope) and I averaged about 2.00/sq ft on several pours. Again, all they supplied was the concrete and the labor to pour and finish.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7
    We poured about 1500 sq. ft. for $3.50 per square foot. I priced the pool through four builders and everyone was over $5 even the builder who eventually installed the pool. I subbed the pool deck myself after being referred to the concrete guy by a friend who has a pool.
    Foxx 18 x 36 IG Vinyl
    TR60 Sand Filter, Pentair Whisperflow 1hp
    Blue Pearl robotic cleaner

Burlington, North Carolina

8. Back To Top    #8
    Roger,

I have to pipe in with my 2 cents worth. Since the hurricanes, the demand for construction based materials, including concrete has more than doubled in our region. 3 years ago, you would have had no problem getting concrete at $3/ sq. ft. I have a suggestion for you. I negotitated with the concrete company during the pour for my deck (after asking permission from the PB). I already had a set contract for the square footage of decking. I added an additional 180 sq. feet during the pour and wrote a check to the driver of the concrete company. Everyone was happy and I got exactly what I wanted. Every situation is different but I thought I would share my experience. Good Luck and be sure to post some pics of the progress.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

9. Back To Top    #9

For my recent pool build in North Houston TX it was 4.50 sq ft for plain concrete, 5.50 for pea gravel finish 7.50 sq ft for sundek.