help this not happy DIY

Nov 2, 2010
I need help!! my pb left me high and dry! or muddy know matter how i look
at it i need help! i'm going to give this my best shot!
pool eqiment hook up from rough pluming. i have three pumps one vs3050
one 1.5 and 3/4 pumps. I have 11 jets in spa with 4 returns in spa.
i have 2 skimmers 4 main drains and 5 returns in pool and 1 cleaner
1.5 pipe. i have an 60 de filter and 40k heater and 1 salt gen
an a jandy rs-6 no other parts what do i need to do?
and what should i get? and does anyone have a good lay out
for me! pluming for me :hammer:

Attachments

• pool pl 002.jpg
    pool pl 002.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 235
Standard layout is heater, pump, pump, pump, filter. I don't see a gas line though, and heaters can have the headers reversed, so it may be out of sight.

Are the pipes labeled? How good of a plumber (and electrician and gas man) are you?! Could you find a good subcontractor who does the work in your area to help you or do the work?

It's not real difficult to do, but it helps to have some experience! Depending on where you are located, you might even get someone from TFP close by that could help!

This is not for the first time DIYr. If you've never done anything like this before, I'd call another PB and get them out to do it for you. But if you are up for a challenge, then this is a good one. As for what other parts you need - well, first you need to layout your schematics - plumbing and electrical. Submit your schematics here for the experts to look at first. Then make up a parts list - 2-way valves, 3-way valves, check valves, elbows, junction box for electrical light connections, timers for pumps, etc.

Good luck.

gas line is back behind the pipes no they are not labeled i'm going to move the
junction box for electrical light an sub panel to the back wall today! then blow air
though the pipes to know where they go!

so the plummer that pre plumed the pool
did not hook the two skimmers togther
one of them go though the filter the other
does not it is the pick up for the water falls
so should i leave it this way or redo?

Pool skimmer should go through the filter. Water feature does not need to (and typically does not). If you have it set up this way, leave it. It's a little odd going through the skimmer instead of wall suction, but not wrong.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.