Barracuda X7 Quattro problem

phalcon51

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 5, 2010
So. California
I bought a new Barracuda X7 Quattro recently and I'm wondering if anyone else here has the same problem, and maybe a fix. I set up the cleaner as per the manual, setting the suction meter at level 3 and put the hose weight 29" from the cleaner. The problem is that the cleaner spends most of it's time on the walls, and rarely visits the bottom of the deep end where most of the stuff accumulates. It also has a tendency to push debris away from itself as it advances rather than going over it and vacuuming it up. I tried reducing the suction to level 2 and even less, but it still spends the majority of it's time on the walls. Would adding another weight to the hose help keep it on the bottom?

Any help appreciated.

If you have the weight at 29" from the cleaner and you have tried reducing the flow to 2 or below, then I think that your next best bet would be to call their tech support line at 800-822-7933 and explain the problem to them. Assuming that this is a new cleaner, it may be under warranty.

I can't change the pump speed, but I've got a Jandy valve that I can use to adjust the flow rate on the suction line. I've tried using that to adjust it within the specs allowed by the meter that comes with the cleaner and it still spends most of the time on the walls. I think i'm going to call them on Monday as suggested by the previous poster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.