Favorite Holiday Movie Lines

dorpo75

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2009
NE Ohio
So begins the holiday season and as such, I thought it would be fun if folks would post a favorite line from their favorite holiday movie. Here's mine:

"No, no, no. Not fah rah rah rah rah, it's FA-LA-LA-LA-LA. Now you try it"...."far-rah-rah-rah-rah, rah-rah..rah...rah". "Go now, get food. Quickly". :scratch:

::epds::

Don't remember exactly, but at the end of Miracle on 34th St., judge says "if the post office, being a branch of the federal gov't. says you're Santa, far be it from this court to disagree" - that statement alone explains a lot about the courts, as well as FedGov. LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mom: All right. Now, are you ready to tell me where you heard that word?
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master. But, I chickened out and said the first name that came to mind.
Ralphie: Schwartz!

Movie: Witches of Eastwick
Actor: Jack Nicholson
Scene: When the women are getting their revenge, he's in the little white church on Sunday morning ranting:
"So tell me... Does God make mistakes, or did he do this to us on purpose?"

The Witches of Eastwick has many good lines. There are some thought-provoking gems about all kinds of topics. When the Jack Nicholson character who plays the devil is asked if he is married, he replies:

"The answer is no. I don't believe in it.
Good for the man. Lousy for the woman.
She dies. She suffocates. I've seen it. Then the husband...
...complains to everyone that he's f...ing a dead person.
And he's the one who killed her."

A corollary to this not in the movie is "If you don't give her what she wants, then you deserve what you get" and on the flip side "Do what she tells you to do, because she loves you."

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.