West-Central Georgia Pool Build...

carlos31820

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 22, 2010
Midland, Georgia
New to the forum. Build starting next week. No exciting photos yet... Here are some before shots...

Pool_plan.jpg

DSC_5668.JPG

DSC_5669.JPG

That's going to be nice, although I'm betting that you're going to have a lot of red clay stains on everything before it's all done. I may be off base, but that looks a lot like "Chick-chick-Chickasaw Club!" country.

Thought so. I grew up over the line on US 280 at Lake Martin. When I was a boy, my grandparents had a ceramics business, and my grandfather could actually turn that red clay into usable, workable clay - I don't know how. But I can tell you that I and my siblings made cups and bowls and various crude objects of art from that stuff back in our single-digit ages. He'd actually fire it in the kiln for us. My mother still has some pieces on a bookshelf.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Additional photos added for Kevin. He was asking for better photos showing whether or not the lighter colors of a single LED light cast enough light for the entire pool (from deep to shallow end).

The previous photos were taken with my cell phone so I took some more photos with my nice camera tonight. Excuse the million leaves.

The light is considerably darker in the shallow end but the lighter colors are able to cast light all the way to the shallow end. It looks to me like the slope from deep to shallow may cast some shadow on the shallow end but those LED lights are too pricey to add a second.

thanks for those pics, carlos. unfortunately they confirm my intial thoughts concerning sufficient lighting in my low end. perhaps if the light was mounted a littler higher up on the deep end wall there wouldn't be as much shadowing...or is this typical for rectangular pools of this size with a single LED light regardless of mounting location? i would guess that a tad more light will find its way to the low end when the pool is filled to its normal operating level.

The color changing LED lights are not as bright as the all white LED's, but the light show is outstanding.

Most of the color changing LED lights are rated for about 450 square feet.

With larger pools and a single LED fixture in the deep end, you will notice a shadow on the shallow end and on the steps, but it should not be dark enough to become a safety issue.

Include a few more Tikki torches on the shallow end of the pool when you are having a night-time pool gathering and enjoy your pool. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.