Little Giant 5-ASP-LL cover water pump question

LeeM2

Jul 3, 2010
If this is not the right forum for this question, please let me know which one is.

According to the manufacture the pump should start pumping water out at 2-3" and stop when the water level is 0.5-1.5"

My pump turns on only if the water level is slightly above 4". I tested it with the bucket of water.

I took the sensor cover off, but don't know where to go from here. Is there a way to fix this sensor? I see the whole switch assembly can be purchased for around $60, but I wonder if I can get the diaphragm only.

This is the manual for my pump. I'll try to contact manufacture and do some googling, but if anyone can provide any input - please do.

http://www.pumpagents.com/pdf/LittleGia ... ASP-LL.pdf

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC04814.JPG
    DSC04814.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC04815.JPG
    DSC04815.JPG
    323.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC04816.JPG
    DSC04816.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 59
To anyone who may have the same issue -

there's an air tube going from the sensor all the way to the plug. You need to get a can of compressed gas and try blowing the tube from the plug. No need take the sensor apart. If you do decide to replace parts of the sensor, you can get them from the company. They sell individual parts, such as the diaphragm for $8+shipping as well repair kits for $20 + shipping. I believe kit has everything what 's inside the switch. You can also get the whole switch assembly from ebay for around $50-60 and it'll include the wire so it may be the better deal if you don't want to waste time and money trying to fix it. If you decide to get the whole switch assembly, make sure you get the right one (RS-5LL) which will activate at 2-3".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.