Liquidator install question

mopoco

Jul 12, 2009
Chandler, AZ
I've purchased the Liquidator with the 3/8" upgrade kit (thanks to the guys at http://www.poolservicestech.com) and during installation, I had a problem with where I should put the "out" line from the liquidator. Instructions say to put it before the pump strainer basket, but my valve to select between pool and spa is right there, so there is no clear pipe, just joints. As a result, the clamp that holds the fitting is too small for those places. I could put it on the other side of the valve, but then I'd have varying flow rates depending on my valve setting. I thought of removing the drain plug from the bottom of the basket and plumbing it in there, but I don't know if that's kosher. Technically, that is after the basket. I could use the discarded barbed fitting and it is actually the right size for the plug and the right thread. What do you think? Other options?

Thanks!

I installed mine exactly like you are describing, and it's easy. Just get another hose clamp like the one that holds the Liquidator fitting, and connect the two clamps together end-to-end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.