Tear repair- boys!!!!

Sep 7, 2007
My son hit our BRAND NEW Intek 18' agp with the lawnmower. We have a 12 inch straight tear about 3 inchs from the bottom. Should I just go ahead and try to fix it with the repair kit that came with the pool -- and does anybody have any handy-dandy tips I can benefit from before I try. Obviously there's hardly any water left in the pool now so a dry repair won't be a problem. For example -- is it better to repair from the inside? outside? patch both sides? Any thoughts would be appreciated as my 6 year old daughter is heartbroken. THANK YOU.

Char,

I don't have enough experience with Intex pools to adivse but there's lot's of folks here that do and will be along soon to help. Welcome to the forum. It's a great place for no-nonsense advice from some folks who really understand about pools.

If you can get at both sides then patching on both sides is best. Given the length of the cut, you will probably want some extra overlap between the liner and the patch to get as much strength as you can.

Tear repair

Thanks for the responses. I have the tear out of water so it's getting nice and dry. I will patch both sides but the outside is going to be easier. I think I'll do the outside today and inside tomorrow and see if it's holding on Monday. Might as well try because if the patch doesn't work I'm not storing it all winter!

FIXED!

I can't believe it, the pool is fixed! Patched both sides and it's been holding water for 24hrs now. Not even a drip. I'm so relieved. If it lasts just a couple more summers I'll be satisfied. :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.