nature 2 ?

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I was thinking about going with nature 2 instead of bromine. I was told for about 50 bucks you get the nature 2 cartridge and mps and should last approx. 4 months.

What do you think? I think I maybe allergic to bromine.

The Nature 2 reduces the need for a sanitizer (Chlorine/Bromine), but doesn't eliminate the need. I would recommend you search this forum for other thoughts regarding its use. I am one of the many people who started with a Nature2, then removed it. I now use a salt water chlorine generator.

Regarding your second question -- Yes, you can use the taylor test kits with Nature 2.

You should probably try chlorine first, such as the Dichlor-then-bleach method, as fewer people are sensitive to chlorine. See Using Chlorine in a Spa for more details. If you are truly sensitive to both bromine and chlorine, then you could try Nature2 with MPS but as noted it will still require some chlorine at least for regular shocking to keep the water clear. If you find that Dichlor-then-bleach works well for you but you don't want as much maintenance (i.e. regular adding of chlorine), then a saltwater chlorine generator can be an option as more of these are now available for spas.

I really like the nature 2 for spa applications. With my customers i have them add 1TBSP of granular di-chlor once a week, and 1TBSP of MPS after each time they use the spa.. or atleast once per week like the dichlor.

Im pretty sure The frog brand also makes a dual floater for spas. Its half minerals ( similar to nature 2) and half bromine. You just let it float around the tub.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.