Can Flow Rate be infinitely controlled on IntelliFlow VF ?

susa

Oct 31, 2010
Deep South
I can access manually RPM control and set it to any speed, ie. 50 rpm to over 3500 rpm.

currently running 24 hours/day at 799 rpm which is 99 watts or about 2.3-2.4 kW/day

however, no matter what speed I set rpm, the GPM is always showing 15.

I believe that is incorrect as at about 1085 rpm, 140 watts, the IntelliChlor Flow LED changes to Green (=Good), any speed below 1000 rpm starts flickering Red (=too slow, unit Off) but the Flow still shows 15 GPM.

In the manual mode, it appears only RPM can be controlled and watts adjust accordingly.

Re: Can Flow Rate be inifinitely controlled on IntelliFlow VF ?

On my IntelliFlo VF, one can go into manual mode and set either the RPM or set the flow rate, but if you set the RPM the flow rate will NOT report measured flow. It only shows what was entered manually so it's useless if you entered RPM and wanted to see the actual flow rate and even if you enter a flow rate it only shows what you entered and not actual flow (i.e. it doesn't show flow ramping up). However, on the separately wired control panel connected to the pump via the IntelliTouch system, the measured flow rate IS shown. I don't know why they did it this way as it is very lame, but that's how it works, at least on my older pump (installed June, 2007), but I don't think they've changed this innane programming.

The lowest flow rate one can set is 15 GPM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.