Proud of my girls

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
Key West, FL
So I'm gonna brag a little - some of you may or may not know that I coach youth rec cheerleading in my spare time... we are 2009 State champions and on Sunday we had our first competition of the season, and we took First Place so just a cool pic or two I wanted to share:

dance1.jpg

grandfinale.jpg

firstplace.jpg

Saturday is our Regional Qualifier for State and if we win there we go on to the State finals the first weekend in December. They are all my girls, love 'em like daughters. :goodjob:

Hi, FPM,

My daughter competed for a few middle school years so I know how much hard work and effort it requires from both the coaches and the girls. Congratulations! They look like a very precise group.

One question....that tall one in the middle that doesn't have her hair up......she must've just barely made the age cutoff to be on the team, right? :shock: :shock:

That's awesome! I think that very few people truly understand just how tough cheerleading can be. I've seen quite a few of them show up with tough sports injuries.

Congrats, FPM. Being a head coach is time consuming and demanding and the sport of cheerleading as your girls are performing is tough. Your girls look quite happy. I wish them and you good luck in your next competitions. We'll be waiting for pics. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh I revived this thread to brag some more....such nice compliments thanks you guys! (blushing...)

So we won first place at our regional qualifier on the 20th! So here we go, back to State to defend our title! They have worked so hard, they deserve it....!

frustratedpoolmom said:
Oh I revived this thread to brag some more....such nice compliments thanks you guys! (blushing...)

So we won first place at our regional qualifier on the 20th! So here we go, back to State to defend our title! They have worked so hard, they deserve it....!

Outstanding! Congrats!

"Rah rah ree, kick 'em in the knee! Rah Rah rass, kick 'em in the other knee!" :mrgreen:

Shadowmare said:
Is that the Homer Glen Stallions?

Congrats!
Why yes indeedy neighbor! Those Frankfort Square Wildcats are simply amazing (thank God we are not in the same division LOL)

So I lost 3 girls in three days :cry: , 2 to injury during the last 30 minutes of our final practice before State (last Thursday nite.) With no time to rework the routine....

So we arrived a bit early on Saturday and the kind folks at the IRCA found us some spare room to re-work our routine. Needless to say my hair turned grey over the weekend :grrrr: ...

So during the competitive round my girls nailed it and peformed the new version cleanly - and at the awards session they called our name in THIRD place 83.76 - 3rd out of 11 teams - I just about fell over from the shock.

We lost a third girl before Sunday's final round and had to rework the routine again that morning before our performance. We ended up in Third place, less than 1 point behind second place, which was just amazing to me.

I am beyond proud of them and still can't believe how blessed I am to be their coach. However, I am looking forward to a much needed break LOL!
state2010.jpg

state2010021.jpg

WOW!!!
Shiney trophies and braggin' rights nuthin better at that age.
Congratulations, a fine looking group you have there.
My nieces and 2 cousins were in cheer here in south NJ and went to Disney, very exciting and very physical I don't care
what the some say.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.