Liquidator IN tapped after solar heat

Our LQ is installed with the IN further down from the filter than perhaps it should have been...

[attachment=0:7fofvog9]Liquidator-001.gif[/attachment:7fofvog9]

We're looking into getting solar heating for our pool that will likely tap into this stretch of PVC. Can we leave the LQ IN where it is, with the solar in between it and the filter (filter, solar, LQ) or should we plan on moving the LQ IN close to the filter so that it goes filter, LQ, solar?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Liquidator-001.gif
    Liquidator-001.gif
    51 KB · Views: 52
You want to maximize pressure into the Liquidator for best performance. Tapping before the solar will do that. It might work after the solar. I actually tapped into the adapter mounted to the filter at the outlet as it was the most convenient spot for me.

Mine is before the solar, and it does change the flow a bit when it switches from regular return to solar on the JVA. I would plumb it ahead of the solar myself, which would be easy to do if you do get solar and they need the area where you are now. Just let them know that they need to leave you enough room after the filter to re-connect that fitting.

Since we're talking about the in side, as long as the LQ stays full when everything is running it doesn't matter that it's after the solar. The only problem you'll have is if the solar reduces the pressure enough to cause the LQ to starve and not fill during the run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.