Test kit tip

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
I don't know if this a problem for anyone else but I live in Florida where it is perpetually humid. When I first got my test kit, I was having a hard time with the little scoop. Despite being careful to keep my hands dry when using it, the powder was always sticking to the scoop. So I used a Q-tip to clean it out one day, and ended up leaving the Q-tip in the little compartment with the scoop. Ever since I left it in there, I have not had to use it to clean the scoop. Just being in there, it seems to absorb the moisture so that the powder does not stick.

Next time I come across a packet of silica gel from something, I think I will toss it in the kit. Can't hurt, eh?

MeSue,
I can relate to the humidity. Good tip, I'll try that. I rinse the scoop off ater every use. Also I have three scoops (having ordered more powder), so I cut the scoop end off of one, and use the paddle end to level the powder. I hope this makes sense 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.