Convert Single speed Whisperflo to Dual Speed Motor Only

May 14, 2009
NJ
Hey guys
I need to replace my existing Whisperflo 3/4 HP motor. It has an AO Centurion motor. The pump basket is in very good condition. I'd like to go to a 2 speed AO Smith Square Flange Pool Motor - E Plus Centurion - High Efficiency - .75/.1 HP - 230 Volts - Stock Number B2980. Would this motor directly bolt into the existing basket and could it use the existing impeller? Any problems with such an installation? Would the 2 speed switch be on the motor itself (I'm aware it doesnt come with one) or does it mount somewhere else? Thanks for any help!

You should be able to install the new two-speed motor onto your existing pump. The only thing that changes is that you'll have an extra load line coming off of the new motor. You'll need to have an automation system to change the speed automatically otherwise some motors have a manual switch on the back of the motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.