Tell me some GOOD THINGS about inground fiberglass pools???

Nov 7, 2010
OK, I am just getting scared now... of the THOUSANDS of these pools installed annually there MUST be someone who's happy with the decision and feels it was a good decision??

The last thing I want to do is burn 30K on this.

Mike in Oklahoma

Love mine. No regrets at all. I actually have one of the leisure pools in the link provided by the previous reply.

What they say is correct. I have found it to be very easy to maintain.

Since the surface is smooth (no seams for things to grow in) cleaning is a breeze. I only vacuum occasionally, and never really need to brush it.

I also like the piece of mind that when the kids are rough housing in it that they are not going to accidentally poke a hole or rip a liner.

Here is a link to my install.

fiberglass-pool-install-t13849.html

mmayzak said:
OK, I am just getting scared now... of the THOUSANDS of these pools installed annually there MUST be someone who's happy with the decision and feels it was a good decision??

The last thing I want to do is burn 30K on this.

Mike in Oklahoma

I wouldn't read too much into the silence just yet, Mike. We've kinda hit 'slow season' now, and we may not see the traffic you'd want.
Personally, without any experience with them, I would tend to think that there are many, many good fiberglass installations. Horror stories happen with all forms of pools, and these are the stories most often told.
Ask your pool company if they can give you some references for their work. See if you can find some a few years old. Contact the owners and ask them how they like their pools, and what they would do differently.

Mike... I had my liner pool replaced with a fiberglass pool about 5-6 years ago just before I retired. The pool install was amazing by a company in business for 30 years. They even made the shell from molds that they started business with. All employes were related to the family business for years. They had the ground dug up, the pool filled and back filled and pump running the first day of the build. The concrete work was done about 3 weeks later. I then installed my heat pump (Ohio) and fence myself.

The cons
1. I have well water so I have to think and have a plan to control metals in the pool. The metal stains will show up more in a fiberglass pool. It is something I have learned to deal with and is by no means a problem.
2. I think size restriction and shape might be a con also but it sounds like you have thought about that and have seen what is available
3. fading over the years. The pools I saw that were 30 years old were fading But you would probably get this with anything.
These are the only cons I can think of.

Pros
1. As said before very little brushing.
2. Pool stays supper clean.
3. No liners or plaster to replace.
4. Ease of quick install.
I probably could go on and on with the pros. The best thing I can say if I needed a new pool it would be fiberglass.
Mike take the day off of work if you can so you can watch the install If it is a good crew it is something special to see.

Have fun with the new pool and I think you made a great decision. I hope your pool brings the great family time for you as it has for my children, grand children, and half of the clearfork valley school system.
Ric

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.