Product reviews

TarheelPool

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Burlington, NC
Does it make sense to have a seperate forum for Product Reviews? Whenever I am researching a potential purchase for the pool, I always search the forums to see if the item I am interested in has been the topic of discussion and, of course, here I can raise the topic myself if there has been no previous discussion. Usually these types of posts are in the Pool Equipment section but reviews are mixed in with other topics like equipment failure, repair, etc.

With a Product Review forum, reviews would be centrally located making it convenient to access the information. Also, members could request that a product be reviewed if no previous information was posted. Over time, I think this forum would accumulate a wealth of valuable information.

Just food for thought.

Kevin

Hi, Kevin,

I have been encouraging Sean to hold down the number of forums to a workable level.

That said, I sure like your idea. Eventually, that forum would probably have to be subdivided (pumps, cleaners) and would probably get pretty big but the idea is a really good one, I think. (We North Carolinians are a pretty smart bunch, huh? :lol: )

I definitely understand the need to manage the number of forums. I think it's better to have fewer well thought out forums than too many that tend to cloud your purpose. This is easier said than done so I commend anyone for taking on the task.

Regarding the Product Review forum, my motivation is two-fold. First, I do think it will help funnel this type of information to one place where it can be built upon and used as a resource by the members. Second, I think it will give TFP an advantage over other pool sites by having a specific forum for product reviews. I don't know of another site that offers this in an organized manner and I would hope that it might help drive more people to the site over time. Since Sean was good enough to create this for all of us, I feel like I have a vested interest in helping it succeed.

All that said, you guys have to balance the need for any forum against the need to keep the site clean and focused so whatever you decide is OK with me.

Kevin

product reviews

JMHO, but I think thats a good idea because its a PITA to search through other forums to look for those. Especially for people new to pools, thats probably the main thing they are looking for is product reviews.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.