closing leak

Jul 5, 2008
Bucyrus, Ohio
closed and covered our 15 AGP and drained to about 6" below return, that was about a month ago. Having checked it the other day, I find that I have only about 1-3" of water left. I live in Ohio and winters can be pretty harsh. What are the chances of the walls holding up over the winter with that little of water in it? Not sure what to do cause I cant add water to it all winter.

With 1 to 3" of water left that leak is going to be real close to, if not in, the bottom. I don't have any advice for you. I know you don't want to repair it and fill it back up just to leave it covered. Maybe someone else can give you advice about what to do.

Hotrod30 said:
I wonder what he ended up doing? :?: :?: :?: I hate to think he just let it go.

Actually we did just leave it...its covered and with all the rain and snow...and melting off and on all winter the pool has held up just fine.
planning on buying a new liner in a few days and then search for someone to install it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.