whats the point of this thing

G

i have some pictures below, but it is a hose outlet, at first before we bought the house i thought it was used to fill the pool, but it seems to be attached to the equipment of the pool, i tested this by turning it on and a little water tricked out, i turn off the pump and it stops flowing, turn it back on and its flowing again, what would this be good for, its way to low of flow to empty the pool but, i just cant think of a reason to have it, other than so people can trip and fall in :roll:.

here is a close up
yes1-1.jpg

here it is in relation to the pool
yes2-2.jpg

I have one that is "T" off my return line incase I wanted to add a water feature.
See it at the right hand side. When building was the time to add it,don't know if I
will use it. You could put a fake plant with planter over it for a better look and no stub toes.

Attachments

• Img_1432.jpg
    Img_1432.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 245
That's certainly not a very nice place to put it as far as stubbed toes are concerned, but it would be very useful for one of these things where a garden hose is connected to create a vacuum:

82600_lg.jpg

When I've used the hose connected to a regular hose bib, my pool level gets too high after a while. By using the pool's return water, the level and chemical balance would obviously be unaffected. On my pool, this means running a long hose an extra 20 feet from the equipment pad. Having the connection near or on the pool deck would certainly be more convenient.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.