Portable pool vacuum/filter system

Heckpools

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey shore
I made this the other day for doing pool cleanings. Each year more and more customers ask us to clean the pool at the opening. I used a 1hp hayward superpump. A hayward c500 single cartridge filter, 1.5" plumbing, 2 unions, a 3-way valve and a cheap $30 hand truck from Homedepot. I installed the 3way valve so we could either vac the pool through the filter or out to waste. Guess we could use it to drain a pool too if we had to. Just figured id share in case anyone was interested in making one. I couldnt figure out a way to mount the filter to the cart so i just used a rachet strap and it worked out perfect!

Attachments

• Photo0211.jpeg
    Photo0211.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 633
Good job, Kevin :goodjob:

The ones I've played with in the past (and NONE of them were a pool companies) had welded a plate for the filter to sit on, and bungied it to the handcart.

If you know a welder, that might make the filter a little more secure :wink:

If you don't mind my asking, how much was the rig you set up? (I'm thinking of making something similar and would appreciate an idea of how much it would cost)

waste said:
Good job, Kevin :goodjob:

The ones I've played with in the past (and NONE of them were a pool companies) had welded a plate for the filter to sit on, and bungied it to the handcart.

If you know a welder, that might make the filter a little more secure :wink:

If you don't mind my asking, how much was the rig you set up? (I'm thinking of making something similar and would appreciate an idea of how much it would cost)

whos kevin? lol lol

Ill PM you. I get all equipment cheaper then online prices since i own a service company.

Heckpools said:
simicrintz said:
Here's a link to some other ideas, if anyone is interested: http://www.poolgeniusnetwork.com/forum/ ... uum-setups

Link ask's for password. Looks like i good site. Just signed up

It is a good site, Matt, but not nearly as active as this one. It is more geared to those in the industry, unlike this one which is obviously geared towards the homeowner. I've learned more on this site than over at PGN, but I do check in over there now and then also. You might make some good contacts there, and you will recognize a few from this page there as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello hope all is well, would you be able to provide directions and parts needed to put one together just like this one. What size pipes are needed and the types of unions, valves etc. I already have old Hayward pump that i would like to utilize as pool vacuum pump for in ground pool. also if you can provide close pictures of this units I would greatly appreciate it. This image does not show the top portion of the fillter and rest of the white pvc piping. Thank you in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.