Hooking up an all new Pentair system w/SWCG next week

susa

Oct 31, 2010
Deep South
pool is 15,000 gallons

am told by rep to initialize with 240 lbs of salt (4 bags @60 lbs each).

system will be Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 and after new Diamond Brite all I've done is maintained PH at close to 7.0 and added liquid chlorine.

read somewhere that 120 lbs would be enough to initialize pool but suspect the crew knows better and my mind is like cheese full of holes....

no, it'll be 10 days next week

you're suggesting to wait (I can do that) to initialize the salt system?

I could always install all components but not turn on the IntelliChlor control center.

Pool Calculator does not work for me, perhaps due to the operating system and type of browser I use

ok, will wait 60 days then.

I assume there is no harm to the IntelliChlor IC40 components in circulating no-salt load as long as the control center is inactive. Of course there is some salt naturally even from liquid chems but I will not dump my salt into pool until January.

Thanks.

Waiting is the best plan. It won't hurt the SWCG to run the water through it before you add the salt. Yes there is some salt but it insignificant compared to the amount of salt the SWCG requires to operate. I'm surprised your PB didn't tell you to wait.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.