Goldline Aquarite/Aquapro T-CELL-15 vs. IntelliChlor IC40

susa

Oct 31, 2010
Deep South
my choice of first time SWCG system is down to 2 options

1. Goldline Aquarite/Aquapro T-CELL-15 (Hayward)
2. IntelliChlor IC40 (Pentair)

both are 40,000 gallon systems (my pool is 15,000)

any pros and cons among the users here?

one positive item is that IntelliChlor is manufactured locally close to me in S.Florida.
price is apart just 39 dollars, so that is not a factor.

I've never been an IntelliChlor fan.... :mrgreen: just kidding.

They are both good units, and are essentially equivalent. Just go with what feels right! I have the Goldline and it's been working fine for the last 5 years, and still on the original cell.

Melt In The Sun said:
I've never been an IntelliChlor fan.... :mrgreen: just kidding.

:lol: :lol: You know, it's funny; I've heard all the claims that Goldline started as a water purification company that provided stuff for the Space Shuttle :blah: :blah: :blah: , but I have always seen them used on the "cheaper" projects. They always (around here) tried to offer the "if you buy this I'll through in this" concept, which seems a little "slippery" to me. Maybe I have a bad perception of the line, but it just never seemed up to the same level as some of the other units (I've had three different ones on my pool, one being the IC-40, and never a Goldline).

Like MITS said, whatever feels right for you is the one you should get. The rest is pretty much just opinion!

Goldline is actually Hayward Pool Products. I've had two! Goldline(Hayward) and Sgs Chlorinators and was not impressed with either. So I choose a peristaltic pump (Rola Chem), it's less expensive, it uses liquid chlorine (I use a 15 gallon carboy) and keeps my FC at a constant level. Plus, I don't have to run my circ pump 10 - 12 hours to keep up with chlorine production during th hot summer months.

Just my two cents

yup, made the decision today and will start installation next week.

system will be the IntelliChlor IC40 (Control Center and Cell) and it will be complimented by a new Pentair 150 sq ft filter and Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump VF-3050 which I plan to set to run at about 375 watts (it's a 3 kw or 3200 watt pump) and run it for 8 to 12 hours a day. At that power setting it will be almost silent and cheap to run.

I always hated to run the pool pump, noisy, expensive, now I don't mind :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.