I love my pool, I love my pool, I love my pool...

I am repeating this everywhere I go: "I love my pool, I love my pool, I love my pool..."

I figure it will help me from calling a few dump trucks and finally fill it in!.

Hi, I'm Roland, obviously got a lot of reading to do here.

28,000 gal plaster pool, San Diego area, have been doing self maintenance (sometimes well, sometimes poorly) the last 7 years or so. I finally got sick of the "pool care" guys who always started out good, with a knowledgeable service tech, and then after a couple months sent the junior HS dropout instead who knew nothing.

Anyway, it is green again. I'm sure the problem is with the filter. I empty the Jacuzzi, clean filter, etc., and then refill the jacuzzi and the water keeps coming back all cloudy. This never happened with my old DE filter, I now have a cartridge filter and think that is the problem. With the DE filter (after cleaning, setup) the water always came back crystal clear right away. I'll write more details in the "filters" section of the board.

Happy to be here.

Roland

Welcome to TFP!

Green is a chemical problem, not a filter problem. Too little chlorine for your CYA level is the reason 99.99% of the time. Not saying you might not have filter problem too.

Anyway, you need test results. FC, CC, CYA, CH and pH would be a minimum in your area.

Roland, welcome to TFP!!

Having read your 2 posts, I think you have a low chlorine issue and a filter issue :(

Sal and Bruce have given good advice :goodjob: I would take Bruce up on his offer to come over and see your pool!! (IF I had a pool and wasn't able to be there to care for it, I would definitely trust Bruce to do so :!: )

Bruce can probably diagnose the issues himself, but would also inform the others here as to what's going on and we'd get you to a reasonable solution for your issues :cool:

I firmly believe that you've found the right resource for any pool issues you have or might have in the future!!!

waste said:
Roland, welcome to TFP!!

Having read your 2 posts, I think you have a low chlorine issue and a filter issue :(

Sal and Bruce have given good advice :goodjob: I would take Bruce up on his offer to come over and see your pool!! (IF I had a pool and wasn't able to be there to care for it, I would definitely trust Bruce to do so :!: )

Bruce can probably diagnose the issues himself, but would also inform the others here as to what's going on and we'd get you to a reasonable solution for your issues :cool:

I firmly believe that you've found the right resource for any pool issues you have or might have in the future!!!

That was nice of you to post, Ted! It does seem like he has a simple issue, and since I am so close it would be easy to sneak by and see if I could help.

Thanks for the nice words :cheers: