Can't figure out why pump not working.

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
So pool did not start as usual this morning. Checked and my intellichlor shows red light by flow.checked all skimmers and basket filter, nothing blocking it. Turn system to service and proceeded to backwash, rinse - no problem. Restart system via service mode. Everything running fine. I switched to auto mode and with in seconds the pump stops and red flow light comes on. Switched back to serviceMode . Restart everything. And all is working fine. Let run alittle while and switch back to auto, pump turns off and red light back. Any suggestions would be apprecited.

Sounds like a problem with the "F" relay. Did you check the program to make sure it's set correctly. If the box is on auto, and the pump is off, can you press the "F" button and start the pump? Since the service mode works, it sounds like the relay itself is ok since you can push the button to stop and start it in service mode. Check the program. I'm assuming this is an Easytouch box?

Okay. Was not sure what you meant by check the program.yes this is easytouch system. So while the box was in auto mode I pressed the F button and light came on. My intellichlor came on too but showed red at the flow. I pressed F button again to turn off. I the switched it to service mode and pressed F. All lights green on intellichlor. I then pressed start on intelliflo and pump started no probem. I then switched the box to auto and the pump went off and red flow light comes on intellichlor. Does that make sense. I am not sure what or how to change program for this. Thanks for your help.

Dont get too hung up on the intellichlor. Thats working just fine. When you press the "F" button in auto mode and it turns on the power to the intellichlor, the pump relay is working correctly. The red flow light just means the pump isnt on. Your issue is the pump not being turned on by the ET box. Again, your intellichlor is fine.

Ok, it sounds like the program on the pump is a little off somehow. You must have programmed the on/off time for the pump via the Easytouch box, right? Check and make sure the start time is correct.
The fact that everything works in Service mode points to a programming error.
Only thing that puzzles me a bit is that even with a program error, the pump should still come on when you press the "F" button manually when its in auto mode.

Ok. Checking the schedule/rime on ET box and it is right. I believe we have the variable speed pump. On the ET I went to settings and then to pump and I got a quick mssg stating "communication timeout". I checked other parts on the ET such as diagnostics, schedules, and the only time I had this was went I<e

I was looking through manual and it occurred to me that the menu for the 4 variable speed pump is not ther and is now showing the menu for 2 speed pump. It is when I try to click on one these options I get that communication timeout. Any idea how this happened and how I can get it back? I really appreciate you helping me with this!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.