Replacing Pump, have a few questions.

May 21, 2008
I recently moved into a single story house with a kidney shaped inground pool of approximately 13k gallons.

The pumping system consists of an Anthony Pools AR205-L (1HP/110V) pump, Hayward C900 cartridge filter, Solar Panels, one drain, one skimmer, and an 8 port Paramount "Pool Valet" return "cleaning" system (two return ports per cycle).

From what I'm able to determine, all plumbing seem to be 1.5" with the exception of the solar panel plumbing, which is 2".

The pump was old and has died. I contacted a "pool repair estimator" who suggests I'm dealing with "less than 50 feet of head" (including solar), and recommends a replacement pump of at least 1-1.5HP.

I'd like to keep the electricity costs to a minimum and don't mind spending more on an efficient pump. I'd also rather not change the current 110V electrical wiring. With that in mind I've been attempting to track down the most energy efficient 110V pumps.

The dual speed pumps I've been running into all seem to have a maximum of 3/4HP and I'm worried that might not be enough on low speed to make the trip up the solar.

Focusing on single speed pumps I've been looking at the Pentair Superflo (models 348023 and 348024) and the Pentair Whisperflo (models 011512 and 011513).

Would a 3/4HP dual speed Superflo be sufficient for my needs?
Would the benefit of the Whisperflo be negated by my 1.5" plumbing?
Suggestions?

Welcome to TFP...I'm thinking either 3/4 hp will work fine, but folks with more experience in this area will be along shortly. I have no problem with a 0.5 hp superflo, but my panels are on the ground :scratch:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.