Aqua Rite with T-15 Cell at 0 Salt reading

Oct 27, 2010
My Aqua Rite is showing 0 salt and and instant reading of -0 salt after attempting the recalibration steps. I found on a few site that the Thermistor can cause this problem so I ordered a few and changed it out today with no results. I have cleaned the cell and did not have any build up on the elements.

Pool Temp =85
Cell Volts 30.9
Cell Current .08
Output 100%
AL-0
Software 1.33

After the switch is set to auto and relay clicks i get no readings. Then after a short time i get No Salt and Check Cell. My salt from Pool store was 3800 (I added a bag thinking i was low). Will Display not show any reading if its too high?

I have had the cell now since 2004. I don't want to condem the cell because the average "life" years. Can the cell be bench tested?

Any help would be appreciated.

6 years usage out of these cells is excellent. A service life of 10,000 hours is average (3 to 5 years).

Cell voltage should be 22 to 25 volts when generating chlorine, otherwise it is 30 to 35 volts.
Cell current should be 4.5 to 7.8 amps when generating chlorine, otherwise zero.

When the salt concentration is higher than 3400 ppm the controller should stop producing chlorine and show High Salt on the display.

The OEM cells t-15 (3 year warranty) are available on-line from $455 to $549 and in retail stores for $599.

You will need to drain and replace some water to bring the salt concentration back down so that it is between 2600 - 3400 ppm for the Aquarite to function.

I understand the reluctance to replace the cell unless you are 100% sure it is faulty.
You can contact Goldline at 888-921-7665 for assistance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.