Pool prep for surrounding concrete work

Jun 13, 2010
Pensacola FL
The prevous owner of our house put a extremely slick "non-slick" coating on the concrete that he painted on before we moved in. It has been coming up like a snow storm every time I hose off the concrete. We are going to have a textured concrete design epoxy put down (the product is called Stardek II). The prep is going to require a power wash, grinding and acid wash to get off the previous multiple coats of "stuff" Had a few quotes and everyone has said no mater how well we cover the pool some concrete dust and old paint will get into the pool. Total time start to finish will be 5 days. So before they start I was thinking I would bring the up the chlorine a bit higher or close to shock level and leave the pump off or possibly on recirculate. Then when they are done vacume the Crud to waste and filter till clear. The water is getting cold and days are shorter so I only lose about 0.5 ppm cl a day. Any better ideas.

FC 6
CC 0
pH 7.4
TA 100
CYA 45
CH don't check it's vinyl

68 F

Bringing the FC up to shock level and leaving the pump off would probably be OK; you could add a little bit of chlorine manually and brush to mix it up if the level starts to get low. Do you have anything that you could use to cover the pool (solar cover, large tarp, etc)? That would probably be the best thing.

By the way, I know you didn't ask, but you should test the CH of your water anyway, just to be sure it isn't high. Scaling from high CH can happen in a vinyl pool too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.