How to connect power cord to new 2 speed pump

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
I need help from those who know how to connect the power cord to a 2 speed pump. The power cord I have has a female quick connect on the hot and neutral wires, and a ring connector on the ground wire. I cannot figure out how to connect it to the new two speed pump since the layout is different from my old single speed pump. I have included pictures.

Connections on the old pump (power cord removed)
IMG_0094.jpg

Old pump with power cord attached
IMG_0088.jpg

wiring on old pump single speed switch
IMG_0095.jpg

Connections on the new pump
IMG_0090.jpg

wiring on the new 2 speed pump switch
IMG_0093.jpg

I noticed looking at the old pump that there are some double male connectors that my new pump does not have. Does anyone know where I can find instructions to connect the power cord or can tell me how to do it correctly?

Thanks!

Looks pretty straight-forward. Black goes to empty middle blade on switch. White goes to empty (top) #2 blade on right side above the yellow wire. Ground goes to green screw at 2 o'clock from shaft end. I assume pump voltage and supply voltage match.

Yea! It works! Thanks, Durk! Its lovely and quiet on low speed. Only thing is that on low the pressure gauge shows 0 on high speed it shows 10, which was normal on my old 1 speed pump. I assume its still o.k.?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.