Draining Some Water

MyBad

Feb 24, 2010
AZ
Brief description:
Owned house and pool since Aug 09. first pool. Have everything pretty much under control. [Thx to you people]

But I have decided to drain approx 50% and refill. According to the PS the TDS and phosphates are really really high. Also CYA is at 70+-, CH is @ 340.

Pool has looked great all year, and I have read the non problems TDS and phosphates really are, but I think it will be good to get a fresh start.

I have waited until the weather has cooled down and overcast. While I will drain and refill the same day, will I be chancing de-laminating any plaster from the pool?

Thanks MB

My CH and CYA are higher than that. I don't have a clue what TDS and phosphates are - never had them tested. My pool is clear and sparkling, CSI is acceptable, and we never suffered from dry skin or red eyes all summer long.

Are you sure you don't want to just wait and let rainwater take care of it for you?

Yah Richard maybe I will wait until spring and see what the levels are then. CYA will most likely drop a bit, but the other numbers most likely won't.

I checked with our water district here, and was really surprised at how cheap refilling 25-50% of the pool is. For 10,000 US Gal it would cost about 35 bucks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.