Aqua Logic PS-4 'Cell Power Error' REPLACE????

Kings74 - I hope replacing the Omron relay really is a long-term fix for you.

I have a replacement Omron relay sitting here, but haven't installed it as getting the old one off, as you noted, is a job for more experienced person. Meanwhile, I scored a used AquaRite controller someone was giving away and it is now running the SWG. I let the AquaLogic control everything else. It's not the best setup, but it works.

Please post again in a few months to let us know that all is working well (let's hope it is!)

desoto,

i just replaced the G8P-1C4P relay that you had previously pointed out. the trick to removing the old one is to use a soldering wick to remove the old solder. after that the relay comes out easily. unfortunately, the "cell power error" came back on after one day. i am afraid that a new board is inevitable.

scottie

Hello Kings74 and all,

I followed the same steps as yours and replace the top-right relay. The error message appeared an hour later. Do I need to replace the board. If this is the case, should I order it from Hayward, or from ebay?

P.S. This problem is a pain to fix.

Thank you for your feedback

After replacing the relay, and since my last post, my system have been working properly most of the time. The "no cell power" message come one sometimes when I have all the pimps running. It reset itself after a while. I am wondering if this is some type of circuit protection when the cell is somehow overloaded.

In any case, I have not replace the circuit board since the cell is producing enough chlorine to keep my pool algae free.

To all,

Replaced the main board a month ago and all is good! Purchased the board from Amazon for $400. After installation (make sure you follow the supplied instructions) I notice the 24VDC voltage (in the diagnostics section) was very stable when compared to the previous board (when it worked). Starting to wonder if the transformer has something to do with the problem...?

Anyway, no other changes were made and the system works great!

Can you tell me what board or better still a link to amazon so i get the right one please..

I really think Aqua should replace this obviously bad model.. to have websites dedicated to this "no cell power" is a joke!!

Thanks
Lee

In case this helps someone else with a "cell power error" : I was getting that error every day or so, for months. It would shut down the chlorine production. Then, my aqua logic wireless remote malfunctioned and died 6 months ago. Since then, I have not had a single cell power error. I did not replace any components or change anything else. The remote sent and received signals to/from the main control panel, so perhaps it was sending the wrong signals. If you are getting a "cell power error", try unplugging the remote (and/or removing the batteries).

Rookie, I had this problem 6 months ago. I saved $600 in 15 minutes! It's worth it to take 5 minutes to look at the back of your board to see if there is a bad solder point. nocellpower.com walks you through it and it's simple. If you look at the back of the board and you don't find any bad solder points where he tells you to look then at least you know it's not a 10 minute / $0 fix. I simply heated up my bad solder point and it now works like a charm. Didn't even have to unplug the board!
You are one of the lucky ones.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.